Friday, April 30, 2010

Bow Holder!





I have posted a couple of these before, but I just recently made this one for a friend who is having a girl in July. I saw her fabric, on her blog, that she was going to do her baby's room out of and I made this to match. That is what is so fun about these. You can customize them any way you want. The process is a little tricky, but once you figure it out its really easy. First, you cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape of a shirt. Then cut out a piece of fabric in the same shape, but about an inch bigger all the way around. Hot glue the fabric to the cardboard so it is really tight. I don't glue the front, I just wrap the excess fabric around the cardboard and glue it to the back. That way you can stretch it really tight. Next, glue three long ribbons to the back. Then you are ready to put the tulle on. I have done this part 2 different ways. 1) Buy a roll of tulle from a craft store. Cut 3 strips and glue them to the back. 2) Buy a one yard from a fabric store. The advantage to doing it this way is the tulle is about 3 times as wide, so you can cut one strip and fold it in half. And continue the process by gluing it to the back of the shirt.
Choose a coordinating ribbon (I love the rick rack, but you can use any thin ribbon that matches), and glue it around the outside edge. Next, cover the the back with felt to cover all of the mess on the back. And last, just adhere a ribbon to the bottom of the shirt so it looks complete and put a coordinating button in the middle. I have loved having a cute way to display my daughter's bows!

1 comment: