Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Apron


I love making aprons and decided it was time to make some more! They are pretty easy if you have a pattern to follow. This one took me about three hours. (Well two days if you include all of the chasing after children in between:) I was just at the mall the other day and found a Kiosk that sells aprons and they were about $30-$40. I made this one for $8. If you have the patients it pays to make things yourself! The price may vary depending on the cost of your fabric. I got this at Hobby Lobby and it was about $5.99 a yard and it was 30% off. Some of the more expensive fabrics range from $6-$10. I bought 1 1/4 yards of the strip fabric and 5/8 of a yard of the polka dot fabric. I ended up with a little bit extra of both. It would be pretty simple to figure out without a pattern if you have sewn before. Just decide the shape and cut it out. I put a dart in the front of the apron so it was a little more fitted, but you could easily do without. You can also buy less fabric if you don't want a liner on it. You could get away with about 7/8 of a yard of the stripe. To get the ruffles, I cut 2 1/2" strips and hemmed the edges. Then did a loose stitch in the middle so I could pull it to make the "gathered look". If you have questions I would be happy to walk you through it step by step!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so excited to wear my new apron. thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete