Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birthday Card

I made 25 of this birthday card for my mom. She likes me to make her a new one each year that she can send out to all her loved ones on their birthday. I was really happy with way it turned out. I love the colors. I used light purple for the background card stock color. (Which is an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper cut in half and then folded in half) The dark purple layer, I believe, is 5 1/4 x 4) Then I cut out the green piece of paper with my cricut machine. I used the Accents Essentials cartridge, and you can cut it out any where from 3 1/4" to 3 3/4" and it will work just great. Make sure you put the whole thing together on the dark purple paper, including the ribbon, before you glue it to the main card light purple card piece. I used a Stampin' Up square scallop punch to cut out the birthday present and then attached it with a "library clip".

No comments:

Post a Comment